Friday 4 February 2011

Audience feedback: Music video

After making the changes mentioned in the previous audience feedback for the first cut of the music video, I showed the video to my target audience again. I asked them to say what they liked about the film and what they thought could be improved.

This is what they said they liked:
“Some nicely composed shots, eg. him in the woods and the silhouettes.”
“It’s all in time and very ‘to the beat’. It’s proper good.”
“Good use of camera angles. Loved the shots of the guy singing in different places.”
“I like the way the lyrics of the song fit well with what is happening in the film and the switch from the boy singing alone to shots of him with the girl.”
“I like how the events match the music, the variety of places used and the way the shots sometimes match the beat.”
“I like the storyline and that it followed as most pop videos do. The lip syncing appeared to be in time. The weather and costume is appropriate. I like the use of silhouettes. I don’t have any suggestions. Good job.”
“Was good.”

This is what they said they thought could be improved:
“Add special effects when he is singing - different effect for each location.”
“Maybe some special effects or something.”
“The boy doesn’t look like he is singing at times but it’s not very noticeable.”
“Sometimes when he is singing, the lip syncing is a bit out.”
“Maybe some special effects in the lip syncing parts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment